Saturday 26 November 2011

Girls.

Girls, this is for ALL of you. So please take some time and read this.

Since moving to Kelowna, I have noticed the 'stereotype' it has. Blonde, tanned, big boobs, aaaand... well, dumb. Why have we let our selves get such low standards? Why do we treat each other with such distaste? Why do we do anything that we do to each other? A lot of girls will blame it on boys, and getting us to rival against each other. But I'm sorry girls, that is your choice to partake in such endeavors.
It all starts as soon as you walk through those high school doors. Your first day, your looking for your Elementary/Junior high bestie... and 'BAM', there they are with your nemesis. Which clearly states that they are now your nemesis as well. As soon as we get that first impression in our heads, there is no changing it. Why is that? Are we not alloud to change? Are we not alloud to mature?
When I moved to Kelowna, my style was ripped leggings, black tutu's and black anything else that matched. Couple days into living here I got told "words of wisdom" from a "friend", which are as follows.. "Don't wear that in public here". Ummm, fuuuuccckkk you. But no, I didn't tell her to shove it, and no, I didn't tell her that she had a resemblance to a horse. What did I do? I took her advice. Wow I am an idiot. Or rather.. desperate to fit in. That's all we're ever trying to do, fit in. But who chooses what we should wear, and how we should wear it? Where is this contract when coming out of the womb that we have signed, as god as our witness's, saying "Thou shall dress like clones, act like clones, be clones." ?!?
Girls are SO mean to each other. But we are ALL so alike! We all want to be liked, we all want to look good, and we all want friends. But what good are those friends if you can't even be yourself around them? Girls! Please, get over yourselves! I'm not trying to be a bitch, but just stating what we are ALL thinking. Can we please give each other second chances? Can we please not use our boyfriends as ammo? And for the love of god, when seeing a girl with a short skirt, and smoking heels, admit that your jealous. I know that if I'm out and dressed up, that took me hours. And I know that I did not get dressed up to be judged, I got dressed up to feel good.

Don't be such bitches, and lets all get along :)

1 comment:

  1. Blah! This totally reminded me of my Miami trip. On the Friday night we were all going out to some club in South Beach, and we were suppose to dress up. I had a lovely dress that I was going to wear... with my cowboy boots! One of the girls was like, umm no, you can't were THOSE here. I was stressed and spent a few hours searching for stilettos to fit my massive feet. Then I thought screw this, and went and wore my boots. Guess what, the club let me in no problem, and they were way more of a conversation starter than whorey shoes :)

    ReplyDelete