Wednesday 16 November 2011

I love you Grandpa.

Well, 2:30am always seems like a good fit to start writing. This is the time where the brain never stops. The time where you're desperately craving a good nights sleep. But it doesn't come. SO! Here I am, yet again, listening to my fingers crash into my keys like a mad woman. The one lingering thought I can't seem to shake out of my head, is my Grandpa.
To most, Grandparents are like your bank account. You see them a couple times a year, and it's always the same routine. You know that entering that doorway into their house, you will take in that old person smell, so you lather up in perfume/cologne to drown it out. Then they bring out those century candies, and you have  to take one or they will fall off their rockers and swear to satin for corrupting their grandchild. Blah blah blah, they write you a cheque, the end. Well not my G rent's. Having lived with my grandparents when I was little, made them second parents to me.
My Grandpa isn't doing too well. And I guess as you get older, they have to as well. Some sort of life shit or something like that. From, what was a 'Couldn't wait, my grandparents were coming to visit!!', turned into a 'thank god they were in Kelowna so my Grandpa could be rushed to ICU!'. After the 4th day of him being in ICU, I finally got to go see him. I told him he looked good, and he replied with.. "You too!!". Nothing phases the old fart.
We are sending as many positive thoughts as we can, so he can get the hell out of there! But reality is.. I'm not ready to lose him yet. Being the biggest father figure my sister and I had growing up, he is an incredible man. Each day he is getting stronger and stronger, and I need him to. To anyone who is as close with their family as I am, cherish every moment with them.



With my last positive thought, I think it's time to slip into he darkness behind my heavy eyes. I love you Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment