Sunday 13 November 2011

Life through someone else's eyes.

When I was 17 years old, I started college. Cosmetology was the course I was taking, thinking my creative side would become louder with time. The only thing that happened was, my personality got an ego.

Ego;
The part of you that defines itself as a personality, separates itself from the outside world, and considers itself (read: you) a separate entity from the rest of nature and the cosmos. Perhaps necessary for survival in some evolutionary bygone, in modern times it leads only to (albeit often disguised) misanthropic beliefs and delusion. 

 
Or in other words..

the “I” or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought.

High School was such an awful time for me, then being 17 and being in College was more about pride. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of myself for completing it at a young age. But if I could go back in time and change my mentality of the whole process, I would in a heart beat. There are so many people I have done wrong. And if I could find those mistakes, and match them to those people, I would give my sincerest apologies. In the last four years, I have grown so much. I have loved and lost a great deal. Like most teenage girls, I have gone through best friends like toilet paper. I have used the term "forever" too many times to count. And even in writing this, I have used the word 'I' more times then one should.
To live a life through someone else's eyes would an unforgettable experience. We are all humans. So we are not alike. There are pressures to be the similar, but we are not born and raised the same. Our morals and focuses become warped by each other. I was never proud of my own skin growing up, but shedding my ego has made me proud of who I am today.
I went from being a well paid Hair Dresser, to working in a video game store. I have never been as happy as I am now.
I'm so sorry for the people I have hurt. I love you all.





 We have come so far.




And I will never let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment